The Reading Association of the Philippines (RAP) is pleased to announce its RAP Demofest 2014 to be held in Cebu City from October 2-4, 2014. This demonstration festival of RAP members and literacy educators, professors, and specialists is on the theme: Understanding Reading Difficulties in the Era of Standards.
To enrich the experience of participants in this demofest, the RAP enjoins enthusiasts, researchers, academics, practitioners, and teachers of literacy education (in the mother tongue, Filipino, and/or English) to submit proposals for demonstration lessons. Through this, the RAP aims to bring together professionals and advocates from various parts of the country to share their best practices on literacy education in relation to the following strands:
- Reading Assessment Strategies for the Classroom Teacher
- Reading Intervention across the Various Strands of Literacy for Struggling Readers
- Teacher Preparation and Development for Effective Reading Instruction for Struggling Readers
Please take note of the following guidelines:
- Outline of Proposal
- Title of Lesson:
- Target Audience: (Early Grades/Primary, Intermediate, High School, or Tertiary)
- Proponent/s and Contact Information
- Institutional Affiliation/s:
- Mailing and/or Email Address/es:
- Telephone/Fax/Mobile Number/s:
- Lesson Plan
B. Subject Matter and Reference/s
- Length of Proposal: maximum of 3 pages (8.5” x 11”), single-spaced, Arial 12, with 1” margins all over
- Duration of Lesson: 1 hour
The deadline for the submission of proposals is on September 1, 2014. Proposals may be submitted to email@example.com. Notice of acceptance will be given by September 12, 2014.
Proponents of accepted proposals have to submit a final semi-detailed lesson plan (maximum of 5 pages: 8.5” x 11”, single-spaced, Arial 12, with 1” margins all over), together with an explanation of its theoretical underpinnings (maximum of 2 pages: 8.5” x 11”, single-spaced, Arial 12, with 1” margins all over), no later than September 19, 2014. These theoretical underpinnings will be explained to the participants before the start of the actual teaching demonstration.
Conference fees will be waived for presenters (for papers with multiple presenters, up to two presenters may avail of waived conference fees). However, presenters are responsible for their transportation and accommodations.